Mr. Charles Li
Founder and CEO
Mr. Li has over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry specialising in local and cross border IPO, fund raising, M&A and financial institution advisory. He is also a court approved expert witness qualified to provide advice on corporate finance and securities related issues. He joined Deloitte after graduation and has worked in various units including Financial Institutions, IT Consultancy, International IPO and lastly Corporate Finance. He was one of the co-founders of Deloitte Touche Corporate Finance in the mid 90s as well as a senior member of their international IPO unit where he completed a number of complex transactions. His previous clients include Bank of Mitsubishi, Bank of Tokyo, Liu Chong Hing Bank and Wing Hang Bank.
Mr. Li later joined Anglo Chinese Corporate Finance, Limited as Head of M&A and New Business where he led the completion of a number of headline M&A and IPO transactions including the acquisition of Kowloon Development, the strategic investment by SAB Miller in Harbin Brewery and the acquisition of CEF financial and Melco. During his time as Head of M&A at Anglo Chinese, the company was consistently ranked as one of the top 3 M&A advisors.
Later, Mr. Li joined Libertas Capital Group Plc as the Group’s founding CEO of its Asia investment banking business. Libertas Capital is an international investment banking group with head offices in London and Dubai. At Libertas Capital, he led a number of Greater China fund raising, IPO and M&A transactions and pioneered the IPO of China companies on the London Stock Exchange with a successful track record of raising IPO proceeds entirely in Asia.
In 2008, Mr. Li co-founded Pelican Financial Group and is its CEO. Pelican is a regional corporate finance firm based in Hong Kong serving mid to large size corporates in the Greater China region. Led by Mr. Li, Pelican has completed a number of listed and unlisted transactions including private and public company takeovers, listed company rescue and resumption, strategic investments, IPO, M&A and corporate strategy advisory.
Qualification and experience
- Completed over 200 fund raising, M&A, IPO and corporate finance transactions.
- CPA and Fellow Member of CPA Australia, Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Member of the Hong Kong Securities Institute.
- Qualified Independent Financial Advisor to provide opinions and reports on Takeovers Code and related matters.
- Court approved expert witness qualified to provide advice on corporate finance and securities related issues.
- Strong technology experience and specialist in Fintech, E-commerce, Blockchain, Biotech and Renewable Science.